Saturday, February 8, 2014

"Gather Hearts" Stitching

Yay! Another project crossed off the UFO list and added to the Project Gallery!

I started this stitching about two years ago when I saw it in the March 2012 issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework.  I liked the bright green and pink combination and the use of memory thread, which I've never tried before.

I met Phil shortly afterwards.  We like to watch movies at night and stitching is the perfect craft to do in front of the TV.  My step-daughter used to watch me working on it and wanted to learn how to stitch too.  When I showed her some of my other UFO's she asked why I didn't just finish one before starting something new.  I think I chortled.  (If you're a crafty lady, you probably just did too).

When I finished the actual stitching, I kinda chickened out of doing the memory thread for awhile.  It was actually much easier than I thought.  You simply shape the thread the way you want, pull through the fabric where it starts and ends, and then couch along the thread, using a similar color.

I wanted to frame it in the hot pink color and was lucky enough to find a frame on sale at Michael's.

Since this was the piece that caught Brooke's eye and made her want to stitch, it's going to go in her room.

And I'm working on that whole idea of finishing a project before starting a new one.

Yeah, right. ;)

Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment