Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Fixer-Upper

I have been cross stitching for nearly 30 years and if you looked at my full body of work, you would see that there are a lot of Christmas stitchings. Ornaments (lots of ornaments), tea towels, sweatshirts, scrapbook covers, and large wall hangings.

I made this one about thirteen years ago, according to the date I signed on it.  For some reason, I didn't get around to framing it until a few years ago.  By that time, I was a single mom, and I didn't really want "Celebrating Christmas Since ..." on it anymore, but I liked the stitching and didn't want such a cute piece to go to waste.  So, I picked out the words "Since 1997" and just continued the black squares across the bottom.  I found a nice red mat and a black frame and hung it for a few years.


When I got remarried though, I obviously didn't want to leave my old name on it. How lucky, that my old name and the new name have the same last few letters, so I could pick out the "FUST" and change it to "TROW".  I had to fudge the spacing a bit, as there two spaces in between each of the letters that only took up 3 spaces each. There was no way to make a W without is using 5 spaces, but because it's in the center, it works pretty well.




I also picked out the black squares at the bottom and
added "Since 2012". 

Now my Christmas house stitching reflects the family properly and I get to enjoy setting it out again.

Onto the next Christmas stitching!



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment