Friday, March 7, 2014

My first "ruffle" scarf

I don't know about you, but when I go to a craft store for one thing, very often I bring home a lot more than I intended.  Stickers, paper, a yard of fabric, a skein of yarn...or two...or three.  When I finished Vince's scarf I went looking through all the boxes and bags of "impulse" skeins to see what might be the next project.  That's when I found a skein of purple yarn, the kind that makes the ruffle scarf.


I had not made a ruffle scarf before, but I followed the directions on the inside of the skein wrapper.  I worked on it for a bit but it didn't seem to be working.  Instead of a ruffle, it made kind of bell shape.  So I went online and found a very helpful blog that said to knit every other stitch on the flat edge of the yarn. This did the trick and soon I had a very cute scarf.

It didn't take very long to make, as you only knit six stitches a row, and the yarn ruffles by itself.  I can see many more ruffle scarves in the future for friends and family alike.  There are so many pretty yarns to choose from, some with sequins and sparkles, I might just have to make them all!



No comments:

Post a Comment