Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ghostly Greetings!



This little guy is one of the reasons that I started this challenge for myself.  The pattern was in a Cross Stitch and Needlepoint magazine a few years ago, with many other adorable Halloween charts. First, came the Ghostly Garden stitching, (shown in the last post) and then I gathered up the specialty over dyed threads and sparkling blending filament for the nicely dressed ghost.  But then I saw other stitching patterns, or quilting patterns, or found another book to read, and Mr. Ghost wound up in the bottom of one of my stitching bags.

 For six years. 

Poor little guy.

This summer I brought him out, and finished the stitching section.  Yesterday, after making puzzles and baking cookies with the kids, I took over the dining room table to begin framing.  The original pattern called for three buttons to be added to the stitching: a star in his hat, and a pumpkin and ghost in his hands.   I looked through my stash of scrapbooking supplies, but couldn't find any flat buttons that wouldn't dig into the fabric or the framing board.  So instead, I used three brads, switching out a ghost for a spider.  I cut an opening in a piece of scrapbooking paper for the mat.  The final product is proudly displayed in the living room amidst the paper chains and strings of pumpkin lights.

I'm hoping that with my 40 project challenge, there won't be any other projects stuck in the bottom of a  bag for six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment