Thursday, October 17, 2013

Witching you...a Haunting Halloween!

I am making Halloween cards this year.

I have several reasons why:

1.  I LOVE Halloween and want to spread the "spirit" (sorry, I couldn't resist).
2. I enjoy making cards.  I like the process of choosing materials and then tinkering with a design until I get it exactly how I want it to look, or even better than I first thought.
3. People like to receive homemade cards.  It puts a little extra "umph" in your message.
4. When we moved earlier this year, I never made "change of address cards" so this is a way to get the information to our friends near and far before the Christmas season starts.
5. Its a good excuse for using up paper, ribbon and other embellishments from the "stash"

My new card design had to meet several requirements. I wanted something to go together very quickly and that would use up "stuff". First, I went to my "Card" board on Pinterest to choose a starting design.  I liked this one by Sue Maddox.  Instead of stamping the four different squares though, I chose two sets of Halloween paper.  There's a bit of glitter in some of them, as I like to have some sparkle in my cards.  Black and orange are traditionally Halloween colors, but I like to throw in some purple and a lime green, which seems to make it more "grown up".

 
 
I raided my stash for buttons and brads that would dress things up a bit and also found a spool of Pumpkin Pie ribbon from Stampin' Up.  Looking through my Halloween stamps sets, I chose "Witching you...a haunting Halloween" for the greetings on the front and the inside of the card.
 
 
With black cardstock for the base, and purple for the mat (torn at the bottom)  I was all set.
 
Here are the final products. 
 
 
 
Here's "Witching" you a Happy Halloween!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment